Among so many excellent elements - one of the finest things about the NMG-POC wedding was the music at the ceremony.
Much of this was due to the efforts of one David Clarke Isele - who authored some original music for the processional, assisted with music selection, performed before and during the ceremony, etc. Linda Prideaux did a bunch of work on this also; led the Panis Angelicus choir, played piano on a Biebl "Ave Maria" arrangement. Anne Koehler accompanied on piano. A group of folks participated in the Panis Angelicus choir (Kerry, Chris, Patrick, Paul Jr; Carol, Dolores, Nedda, Pat H., Charlie, Nicole L., Danny L., Dave K).
On my cellphone I grabbed two short videos. Above is the choir (minus Dave Kollar, who was on a plane or at the hotel bar or something) rehearsing "Panis Angelicus" on the day before the wedding. Second video is a snippet (<25 seconds) from the Biebl "Ave Maria" (DCI and LP practicing before the ceremony on 3/25).
"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))
No comments:
Post a Comment