"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Monday, August 15, 2011

D'backs - Mets (August 13, 2011)

 Our local heroes have exceeded expectations all year, and currently lead their (admittedly weak) division by two games.  CPG, PJr, PJ and I headed out to the ballpark Saturday evening to check things out.

Great seats in second row in left field bleachers - we all liked the vantage point.  It was "Bark in the Park" promotion, featuring a fine doggy parade just prior to game time (and right in front of we fans in left field).

Great seats in second row in left field bleachers - we all liked the vantage point.  It was "Bark in the Park" promotion, featuring a fine doggy parade just prior to game time (and right in front of we fans in left field).

Walked to dinner at Hanny's downtown after the game; then home for unspeakable Euchre games; fun night (except for the last part).



No comments: