Google - which provides the platform for my blogs - recently provided what I think is a neat upgrade for photo viewing.
Under the "old" system - you could click on a photo to enlarge it. Then you needed to hit the "back" button on your browser to return to the blog.
Under the "new" system - named "Lightbox" - you can click on any photo in a post, and all photos in that post become available for viewing in a large overlay. Click on any photo appearing in the overlay to be taken to the next photo. When you're sick of looking at the photos, just close the overlay (using the typical "X" in upper right hand corner).
In addition to new posts, this feature will work for all previously-published posts (or so I'm told).
I like the feature. (I've been trying to incorporate embedded slide shows for posts with multiple pictures, but haven't much liked that approach.)
"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))
No comments:
Post a Comment