I've also been seeing a lot about treadmill desks (info here about a version created by some Mayo nerd), but will stick with the stand-up version. For now.
"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))
Thursday, January 12, 2012
More 11419 trivia
I spend a lot (and I mean a lot) of time sitting at the desk in my quite-fine home office. And have been reading a lot about the virtues of stand-up desks for all-day sit-downers. I had a stand-up desk in my Briggs and Morgan office in St. Paul in 1984, but not since. Below is a photo of my fine test-version of a stand-up-desk. Functionality and cost are compelling, maybe I'll keep it. I do think that m.o. would make EMG proud.
And I added a new (well, February 1938 vintage per Mike & Minnie Bormann) sitting chair to my office (per below). It will stay up here pending redeployment of The Depot (hopefully later this year).
I've also been seeing a lot about treadmill desks (info here about a version created by some Mayo nerd), but will stick with the stand-up version. For now.
I've also been seeing a lot about treadmill desks (info here about a version created by some Mayo nerd), but will stick with the stand-up version. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment