"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Friday, April 06, 2012

Dbacks' Opening Day; PJ Birthday

PJ has often regaled us with tales of opening day for Chicago Cubs falling on her birthday.  This year, opening day for our local heroes occurred on 4/6.  POC came through with four tickets.  PJ, PJr, CPG and me attended.  And appreciated the quite excellent seats.

Plus the game was enjoyable - Dbacks roughed up Tim Lincecum, as they are wont to do of late.  Perfect weather - roof open, upper 70s.  And CPG got me a Fretzy's. 

Tim Lincecum pitching to Aaron Hill.  Opening Day 2012.
After:  bite to eat at Hanny's downtown - fun.  Steve & Laura Buck were there with a contingent.

No comments: