"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

a wedding in the family!

Will post much more as additional photos become available . . . in the meantime here's a placeholder with just a few photos - Chris & Dharma were married on 17 November!


Another incredible wedding.  Another batch of so-fun events before and after.  Another unbelievable turnout of family and friends.  Our family/friends set is pretty much a known quantity at this point when it comes to celebrating weddings (i.e. unbeatable) but there was a plus factor:  Dharma's family and friends (OK we consider them our family and friends now as well) - they made everything better.  Including a Sunday (19 November) ceremony at the Hindu temple (in Tempe) that no one will forget.


Slightly adapting what I wrote several months ago:  "an immense feeling of gratitude that we have Chris, and Dharma, and all the family and friends (old and new-ish, in both categories), and such warm and wonderful times together."

No comments: