

Taking photos of kids on their first day of school is a ritual in many families. I remember Grandma lining us up. Being forced to pose isn't really a serious insult, but it never felt like much fun given the depressing circumstance of facing another full school year. PJ required our kids to pose for the traditional photo each year. (I should line up those photos, it would make a neat gallery.) Our kids weren't always happy about posing; I would say their happiness decreased proportionately as their age increased.
Anyway, this is PJ's last year at ASU. Last chance to take a photo of her under these trying circumstances. Here she is, looking sharp with nifty backpack. She made me promise not to blog the photo, and I did promise (but my fingers were crossed). One unusual aspect of her first school day was dropping off laundry -- done the preceding night -- for fellow student PJr. I'm guessing no other ASU student started off their first day quite that way.
As far as the 1966 photo - this was Charlie's first day of school. With that bookbag, I'm guessing he was probably beaten up pretty badly (he looks like he might be expecting this). It looks like Steve and I were trying to be mildly uncooperative in terms of providing smiles. Cecilia and Dolores come across as old pros at this sort of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment