
I wanted, but have kept forgetting, to mention a neat breakfast idea that we encountered on our trip to Chicago in August. Many restaurants or brewpubs are now offering “flights” of wine or beer – where you receive small servings of three (or more) different types of wine or beer. It’s a neat way to experience multiple tastes.
When we stayed at Nicole’s apartment in August, she took us to breakfast at a restaurant in her Wrigleyville neighborhood, I think it was named “Orange.” Anyway, this place does flights of pancakes (of all things), with a different flight offered each week. The theme offered during our visit was mangoes. I can report that this was a great idea, very unusual. No one would admit it, but I am pretty sure that my co-diners (Patricia, Nicole, Patrick, Paul) were secretly wishing they had ordered what I did.
Photos show the coffee-stained “flight plan” plus Nicole’s apartment building (she + roommates occupy the upper floors); the folks in the foreground are engaged in some sort of discussion over the finer points of our bocce ball game.
No comments:
Post a Comment