


I must say that we had a fine Thanksgiving this year, as usual. EPG came up from Tucson on Tuesday. N and K both flew back to Arizona, arriving very late Wednesday evening. On Thanksgiving morning, PJ put together the usual major brunch. For dinner, we had one of those “free range” turkeys (in this case, from Young’s Farm in Prescott, Arizona). I’ve always been a huge skeptic of this concept. Not any more – this was noticeably better. Then we all watched a family video from the 1995 timeframe in the evening.
On the Friday after, our U of A (EPG and K) and ASU (N, C, PJr) students/alumni got up bright and early and went tailgating at ASU for the annual Arizona-Arizona State football game. Patricia (ASU ’06) and I went to coffee. Other than locking the keys into the car, CPG having some trouble getting back to his section, everyone getting sunburned, EPG eating too many red vines, and all leaving at halftime as ASU was being slaughtered, I think they had a great time. Unfortunately for U of A, their QB was injured in the second half and ASU rallied to win. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner of Thanksgiving leftovers + an apple pie. Also had a fine hearts game going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment