"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Saturday, March 03, 2007

CPG = Homeowner (and Occupant)

Big news - Christopher moved into his house on Wednesday (February 28). And out of the apartment at Tatum south of 101 (which was actually a nice unit with great views from the third floor areas).

He and Jon were well organized for the move. The new house looked really good (first time I've seen it without the previous owner's kid stuff all over the place). Kitchen remodeling is great and ready to go, and the overall space allocation is just right.

Unfortunately I failed to get photos of the interior goodness and only snapped a few badly-lit "before" photos in the back yard. Which needs work, but is large and configured well.

Here's the location on a map (except their house is across the street to the north, and one house over to the east, from the Google arrow).

No comments: