"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Nicole b'day!

Wishing Nicole a happy birthday today . . . she is observing the date over in San Diego courtesy of POC (with celebratory support from CPG and EPG).  Diamondbacks have a three-game weekend series over there.

Photo is from her fourth birthday - May 5, 1985 - taken in upstairs bedroom in our house in Roseville, Minnesota.

"Care Bears" apparently were the rage, including the jammies and the watch (among the cards atop the bookshelf).

Here's hoping they had at least as much fun in San Diego as we did in Roseville that year . . .

No comments: