"In his domestic administration my father had this system . . . to keep a journal and insert in it all occurrences of any note . . . A record very pleasant to look at when time begins to efface the memory of events, and very well suited to get us out of perplexity: When was such and such a thing begun? When completed? What retinues came? How long did they stay? Our trips, our absences; marriages; deaths; the receipt of happy or unhappy news . . . An ancient custom, which I think it would be good to revive, each man in each man's home. And I think I am a fool to have neglected it." (Montaigne, Book I, Essay 35 (publ. 1580))

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

34th anniversary

Celebrated #34 with a weekend at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel in Tempe, Arizona.  The place worked well for an in-town stay.  We became light rail experts, taking a couple trips to downtown Phoenix.  Typically fine eating at House of Tricks.  Even took our first hike up "A" mountain.  Our first visit to the hotel since the place served so well as base camp for Nicole-POC wedding a few years back.

34 excellent years is a pretty fine thing.

My little wife scrambling to the top of A mountain.  In flip flops.
View to the E/NE.

At La Boca (May 24, 2014)

No comments: