On Thursday afternoon, Patricia and I had a bite at Z Tejas with Kerry and Luis after the airport pickup (we were a bit late but that was due to circumstances within our control). And some nice conversation at lunch (if not a bit probing on the part of at least one conversationalist). It was all leisurely and nice.
On Thursday evening, we had a rehearsal with the orchestra and soloists for the Verdi performance. I really enjoy these rehearsals, and we thought the soloists sounded great. Patricia attended per always; we like having her, and it gives her a good window into what the conductor is trying to accomplish, etc. Kerry and Luis also attended, even though we didn't get going until about 11:15 EDT. There were reports that they had trouble staying awake for a bit of the rehearsal (which lasted almost two hours) but I don't believe it for a second, except perhaps in Kerry's case. I was glad they could attend. Then back to the house.
An aside: K&L came into the absolute peak of disarray in connection with our remodeling project. Both Friday and Saturday involved tasks such as the removal of existing tile. It was an
After Friday morning coffee, we did fun things like "pick out the slab" for the countertops, and even went looking for a kitchen sink. Unique vacation activities for our visitors. Kerry has a photo of the slab hunt. (BTW, K&L did most of the photography over the weekend but haven't come clean with copies. Yet. Patricia did take a nice picture of Kerry and Luis after the concert, at least it's nice if you avoid looking at EPG along right border.) After all this hard work, we met up with CPG and had a quite delightful lunch at Richardson's.
The concert was Friday evening along with after-party, all of which is described elsewhere. I include at the top of this post a photo of Linda Prideaux along with some of her Chaparral choir homies (which I believe is the right terminology here) (in the photo Paul Jr. experienced payback for his too-prominent position in the family photo taken at the Ray/Linda wedding).
Saturday: the feature event was a very fine get-together at Mary Beth's place where we celebrated (belatedly) Chris's 26th birthday. Onxcellent meal. Hearts game. General yakking and fun. The young'uns went bowling later.
Sunday - we mostly had the sense that the visit went way too fast. Went for coffee, and pretty much packed and headed for the airport. So it was a v. fun visit. I think I'm unhappy we don't see more of these folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment